The most violent weapon on earth is the table fork.
-Mahatma Gandhi


Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin


400949_GaneshMall.com-Culture Infused Living: Home Accents, Jewelry, and accessories from around the world!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raw Vegan Pad Thai from Ani Phyo's Raw Food Essentials

                        

A "Valentine" Tango........You have to watch at about 2 minutes and 17 seconds in.  This gal is sexy strong.  One way to get rock hard ab muscles!  Nothing like dark music to celebrate a "romantic holiday".  I however did no amazing pole dancing stunts on V-day.  My hubby walked into my study and said "Happy VD day". That dates him....he was brought up "Pre STD" (before VD got a makeover) days.   Our day was busy, busy, and I came home and slaved over Pad Thai.  Not really.  I took about 20 minutes to make Raw Vegan Pad Thai and Olive Tapenade.  The Pad Thai uses Almond Butter (because Peanuts are so controversial from alfatoxins to mycotoxins ) and Coconut Butter (I use Artisana brand).  I used Zucchini Noodles.  So no cooking or gummy pasta possible!  You can make fettuccine noodles from just a veggie peeler, but I got the Spirooli, now called "World Cuisine" Tri Blade Slicer.  This makes 3 different thicknesses of noodles and I like that it more closely imitates the diameter of "cooked" pasta.  
World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer
World Cuisine Tri Blade Slicer.
"Spirooli" for $30.00 you can make all the no-fat, raw pasta in the world.
Spirooli.  There are 3 different types of blades.

This is the "removable" blade.

Just put the Zucchini in and turn the handle!  Super easy.  

Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food
Another great book by Ani Phyo.  This doesn't have the beautiful color photos, so it's not just for "window shopping"!
I really love the Carob Rye bread and all of the noodle recipes she includes.  You can use kelp, zucchini, or other veggie noodles.

Raw Vegan Pad Thai from Ani Phyo's "Raw Food Essentials" Book.
Ani Phyo's Website.  Lots of Great Recipes!

One of our dishes on Valentine's Day.  It took a few minutes to throw together.

Olive Tapenade from Raw Food Celebrations  by Nomi Shannon and Sheryl Duruz.
Raw Food Celebrations
Have made several recipes from this!  
"Raw Food Celebrations" Tapenade.  This book says for "celebrations" but I find it has lots of great recipes that aren't too difficult to make.  This is super easy.  Olives, Onion, Tomatoes, Garlic.  You just mix it up.


Guess what my beloved UPS man brought me??  Yeah, it's not Rosamonte but....It's dried at a low temperature and is organic.  From "The Mate Factor".  I get 5 pounds of loose Green Yerba Mate at a time.  I used to only fill the gourd once a day and keep pouring water over it, but lately have really upped it.


This video is similar to the Pad Thai I made.  But it uses kelp noodles and more oil.  This recipe is great!!  And Kelp noodles are worth exploring.  If you use the Kelp Noodles, note that they do soften up if left in water with salt or lemon juice for awhile.  I prefer when some of the crunch has been eliminated since I was so freaked out that I was eating Kelp in the first place.  Now I love them, but they are a little pricey and you may have to buy them online since not all stores currently carry them.  If you are using kelp for your thyroid, it is cheaper just to buy loose Kelp from Mountain Rose Herbs and make your own Capsules.  They sell the Capsule Making Machines also, for under fifteen dollars.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ani Phyo! I met her this summer, she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she great? I appreciate all the people bringing raw food to a wider audience, but especially appreciate Ani for being so balanced.

    ReplyDelete